Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Smoothies for Smuggling Vegies!

We love smoothies here. And by we, I mean Miss Daisy (19mo)

She's a little on the fussy side when it comes to eating. Although surprising as well, as she LOVES things like fish, brocolli and curry!


Smoothies she loves. So this is a great way to incorporate a few extra fruit/veg. Serves into her diet (and mine!)

 

She knows her smoothie cup and gets things out for me and takes them over to the bench with the blender... then declares that it's 'noisy' and blocks her ears!

I sneak all sorts of things into her smoothies. Obviously yummy fruits like banana, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries are common. However, I sometimes add some spinach leaves or a floret of brocolli if her lunch was a little low on salad/veg portions! Easy!


I read on this blog about adding a weetbix to the smoothie!! 

Why didn't I think of this!! I've got a box of kids weetbix to use up as Miss Daisy is not a big fan of them with just milk. She LOVED the smoothie and it was another way of getting something good in her diet! Woot!

 

     

Yum! What's your favourite smoothie combo?!