Friday, February 10, 2012

Under The Sea - Rice Play

After our success playing with rice over here I decided to use what was left of the blue and green coloured rice to continue on with our Under The Sea theme.

I picked up these rubber sea animal packs for $1 each and the shells (a bit pricey but a nice addition) were $2!


Miss Daisy had lots of fun exploring the shapes and textures in the rice. 

So many colourful fish to admire.


Scooping rice out with hands into containers was still a favourite passtime. Her coordination with this is getting much better! She still declares a big "Oh nooooo" if the rice spills onto the mat!


Shells are good for scooping too!


And for feeding the fish!


Sometimes they fit together...


Look mummy I can put things together that are the same...


Once she started taking the toys out and doing this I figured I'd encourage her to continue... and she did... 



I was quite amused when she put the crab and octopus together. I asked her what they were and she said, "Spiders!" I guess if she thinks they're both spiders they can stay together! :)


Yep, it's official - rice play is still lots of fun!




post signature