Monday, February 27, 2012

Bunting and Happy 80th

Today I'm leaving you with a quiet post... it's crazy busy around here. But here are some photos of my Nanna's 80th Birthday party a week or so ago. It was a beautiful day celebrating with family! 


I sewed up a few quick bunting for the occasion. Including some miniature buntings...

Just before Miss Daisy was born my beautiful Nanna suffered a stroke. Before the stroke she was such a vibrant and active lady, with a larger social calendar than mine! 


           


  My mini buntings made their way into the desserts! :)     
It is hard to see her living in a nursing home, spending her days between a wheelchair and a bed, strangers all around, it is such a different life. 

Yet days like this where she is out and about and able to spend the day with family (even some from England) it was beautiful! 

Here she is at my Baby Shower just weeks before her stroke (2010) and Miss Daisy's birth. It was a beautiful day too and I'm so glad she could come. It was the last time I saw her before the stroke :(


Sorry for the untidy photos... blogger didn't wanna line them up. And I didn't want to fight!!
Any hints on lining up photos and text in Blogger's new interface?

Have a lovely week!
If you're joining in on our Busy Bag Swap - you should have received an updated email yesterday. If you'd still like to join in read the original post here and email ASAP so you don't miss out!