Monday, January 30, 2012

Puzzle Play - Toddler Play

Another activity we've been doing lately is playing with puzzles!

Miss Daisy enjoys playing with her puzzles and has become quite proficient in naming the animals/characters and returning them quickly to their places!

So I thought I'd make it a little more difficult!


I got out three of her puzzles and laid them at her play table. Then I grabbed a gift bag and filled it with the some mixed puzzle pieces from the three puzzles. (I left some pieces in the puzzle boards)


 I encouraged Miss Daisy to take a piece out at a time and return the piece to the correct puzzle. This worked for a few pieces... however, she insisted on holding and promptly emptying the contents of the bag! (and we've played this way ever since!)


It was interesting to watch because she then very methodically completed each puzzle in order, replacing all the pieces of one puzzle, then another, then another.


Another fun but very simple activity to extend your child's learning!

Linking up with some of my favourites here

post signature