Monday, January 23, 2012

Playing with Rainbow Rice

I showed you how we made some Rainbow Rice here

Now I want to show you how we play with it! That's the fun bit! Although Miss Daisy thoroughly enjoyed making it too... not sure if mixing the rice or licking the vinegar off the spoon was her favourite part!



It has been a great way to give Miss Daisy some independent play outside whilst still being a fairly quiet and 'sit down' activity on these hot days. It would also be a great winter or snow day play activity!


I've only used about 1/4 of each batch of rice. I'm storing the remaining rice in chinese takeaway containers and her current 'play' batch is in a plastic tub with a secure lid.


I let Miss Daisy choose some things from the Tupperware cupboard and we took them outside. I have a wonderful plastic mat that makes cleaning up at the end really easy.


It's given us the opportunity to use lots of new words and talk about things like under, over, full, empty, on top etc. As well as talking about colours and textures

Have I mentioned I love this Rainbow Rice thing!
I think perhaps I could just love this Toddler Thing! :)



Let me know if you make any! I'd love to hear your creative play ideas with Rainbow Rice!

post signature