Monday, January 28, 2013
50 things that make you know you're a Mum
1. Showering in private is a thing of the past. Some days I set up seating and snacks!
2. Visits to the grocery store must be timed well.
3. A trip to the grocery store alone is like a tropical getaway!
4. You spoon feed your little one and find your own mouth open, willing them to get it in!
5. You hear hundreds of questions a day. Most of them being "why?"
6. You can find ALL the buttons on the onesie in the dark
7. You celebrate over the consumption of vegetables. Every little bit.
8. Bribery is no longer beneath you
9. You've been pregnant or breast feeding longer than you can remember!
10. You have a love/hate relationship with both.
11. You can read most of the books on the children's shelf without looking.
12. The dishwasher is always in rotation. Clean. Dirty. Clean. Dirty. Repeat.
13. The washing baskets are all empty simultaneously. Almost never.
14. You find toys in shoes and glue sticks in the pots and pans cupboard.
15. You have seen Disney/Pixar movies so many times you can recite them by heart
16. So can your child.
17. Your desk has your child's artwork all over it. Some of it is on paper!
18. Your child is fluent in iPad, iPhone and several other devices!
19. You photograph the magnificent and the mundane. They're all memories to you.
20. Your job entitlements are sketchy. But you're still content in your work.
21. Ice Cream is dairy. So it's kind of good for you. And your kids.
22. Your bed often has a little person in it
23. You're a touch afraid of your toddler
24. Social media keeps you alive. And sucks the life out of you.
25. You can make voices when reading that leave your children wondering who said that!
26. You've had that moment in the public toilet. "Are you doing a poo mum?" "Want me to wipe for you?"
27. You name a room in your house Shrek's Room because that's where the TV is!
28. Your daughter has better phone manner than you. At 2.
29. Meals are rarely eaten hot.
30. Let's not talk about tea and coffee!
31. Sometimes you drive an extra few minutes (or more) just so your children sleep a little longer!
32. You do about 10% of the things you pin with all the best intentions!
33. You have little rhymes to remember your children's birthdays
34. You eat, pay and run at a restaurant to save face while the kids are still behaving!
35. Date night is often done at home
36. You are braver than you ever imagined.
37. You write blog posts with a little one on your lap
38. You don't leave the house without snacks or sippy cups
39. When you do you make a point to take your smallest handbag! It feels good!
40. Your strength is not your own.
41. Your husband rocks your world. And keeps it level.
42. You have too many half done projects to know where to start.
43. The toilet paper roll is always empty when it's your turn!
44. When one of your children are sick you could stay awake all night. When they're not sick. It hurts. A lot!
45. Your kisses can make anything better!
46. You draw the line at kissing butt's!
47. You talk about Shrek, Fiona, Alex the Lion and Nemo like they're family.
48. You oblige with one more story each night before bed.
49. Anything can be repaired with 'fixy-tape'
50. Those that can't are taken to the Lord in prayer. You've heard nothing better in life than your 2 year old's prayers.
Can you relate? I'd love for you to add to this list with a comment here or on my facebook page!