Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Recipe: Date & Walnut Slice

When I did the groceries this week for some reason I couldn't walk past a bag of walnuts.

 My MIL makes an apple slice which has walnuts in it which I LOVE and I really like the flavour of the nuts and fruit... (although last time it was a little dry - don't tell her!)

Anyway, I bought the bag of walnuts and decided to see what else in the pantry might be nice with them. That's when I remembered the dates... I bought a big bag of dates without realising I already had a big bag of dates open at home! 

Miss Daisy has been enjoying a date or two chopped up (sweet and yummy!) and I've done the same (no chopping needed!)

Well, after hitting up google for some "Date and Walnut Slice" I was relieved to find one with brown sugar (because I love it!) and which looked super easy!
All ingredients in the pantry!

And it was... Super easy that is.




Head on over to Best Recipes for this fabulous recipe - you will not be disappointed. 
I can't wait for the next bag of walnuts to slip into my trolley - I might even make it a big bag of walnuts!

Let me know what you think of this one... it's delicious!


Update {12.9.11}: I heated some up and had it with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of pure maple syrup! Totally unnecessary but deliciously good! 



post signature