Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Recipe: Microwave Fudge Brownies


Brownies are a favourite around here anytime! I'm trying so hard to steer clear of these sorts of sweets unless I'm sure I'll be sharing them with guests and they'll disappear quickly - to someone's belly other than my own! Without an oven I've definitely been doing much less baking... but I decided to modify this recipe for brownies and make it suitable for the microwave! This is the second time I've made these Microwave Fudge Brownies and I believe they're pretty yummy! They always get polished off quickly!
              Just For Daisy :: Microwave Fudge Brownies
Want to make your own Microwave Fudge Brownies... here's how!

Gather the following ingredients:

200g Dairy Milk Chocolate (perhaps you can buy the big block like in this Chocolate Crackle recipe!)
150g butter
3 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Melt the chocolate and butter in microwave. This took around 2 minutes and I stirred halfway. (Remember chocolate keeps it's shape even when melted so give it a stir regularly to check! Also putting the butter on top of the chocolate will help the chocolate liquify!) Once melted give it a good stir to ensure the two are combined well.

In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add flour, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter mix.
Line a microwave safe dish with baking paper. (I also greased lightly with butter first - mostly because Miss Daisy had smudged the remaining stick of butter over my bench top and this was a last ditch effort to save it before it went in the bin!)
Pour your Brownie mix into the microwave safe dish and watch those lovely ribbons appear! Yum!

Next is cooking this little delight! Microwave cooking is such a variable thing with different microwaves and power settings. My microwave has no turntable which is great for a large dish like this but I'm sure it makes the cooking times change. Here's what I do (as I said - I made this up - but it works!)

Place in microwave on med-high for 5 minutes. Open microwave and take a look. Mine was still soft in the middle. So I put it on high for another 3 minutes. Checked again and put it on for another 3 minutes on high. And ended up with a perfect slab of fudge brownies! It will probably look sticky/bubbly on top! 


Now it just needs to pop in the fridge until it's cool (unless you're us... hubby cut a hot slab out each with a touch of ice cream for dessert - after lunch...there's after lunch dessert isn't there?!?!)
Miss Daisy came out from her would be nap to bust us! We've been busted a few times lately ;) but that's another blog post altogether!

So there you have it. Microwave Fudge Brownies... my way!

I like to cut them into bite size squares and dust with icing sugar! And you've got a quick, easy and yummy dessert!

What's your favourite microwave recipe? Take a look at my Mug Cake Recipes for more simple desserts that you can share...or eat alone!