Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rainbow Party



Well, the big day has come and gone! Our little Miss Daisy has turned one! 

We celebrated with some of our family and close friends at home. The theme? Rainbow! I've always had a fascination with rainbows and what a beautiful theme for our little girl's first party!


My very talented sister in law designed some beautiful invitations for the event. Take a look at her illustrations here. You can also see her fabulous ideas for creative play here. She is so super talented and made Miss Daisy the most delightful gift ever (more on that later!)




With the request that everyone wear something bright or rainbow coloured we had some fun getting an outfit ready for Miss Daisy. I had seen some pretty handmade tshirts with the birthday child's name or a number representing the age they were turning. I grabbed my rainbow ribbon and started sewing! :) I love how her cute little headband turned out - she even obliged me and left it on all day!




For decorating I used fabric in six basic rainbow colours {Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue & Purple} (which were used across all the food and decorations as well), to make some fabric bunting and a whimsical fabric wind-chime for our front steps.




When cake time arrived I was quite excited! 
I'd spent all day Friday making rainbow jelly (6 layers - 20mL each!), stuffing rainbow playdough in jars (not quite so precise here!) and making 6 small cakes for the piece de resistance... the rainbow layer cake!


More on decorations and the cake here... if you have any questions please let me know in the comments section. 


my signature