Monday, July 18, 2011

Microwave Playdough Recipe


Being a teacher I've had my fair share of Playdough batches to make (well, sometimes my mum did it for me but I've done a few!) Usually making Playdough requires lots of stirring and when you're making multiple batches your arm can get really sore!


Here's the solution - microwave playdough! 
My mother-in-law gave me a cookbook years ago from a local church. All the women (and perhaps men) in the congregation had shared their recipes and it was collated into quite a useful cookbook. Think homestyle cooking and baking! :)


In the back I found this fabulous recipe for Microwave Playdough, no more stirring stiff dough, just mix, microwave and let it cool... then you just have to knead it! Yay!



Each child got to take home a cute little package of playdough - complete with labels made with the same Rainbow design as the invitations. 

What do you think? A good alternative for lolly bags?



Note: Cooking times will vary between microwave ovens. You may need to trial this in your microwave to determine the most suitable time and temperature for you.

I'd love for you to try my NO COOK two minute playdough recipe. Click the picture below!