Saturday, July 16, 2011

"I've loved every minute" - well, let's clarify that...

Today was Miss Daisy's 1st Birthday! We had a wonderful party full of Rainbows, Sugar, Family & Friends! More about that soon! :)

Miss Daisy's Rainbow Party! :) 16-7-11

First of all, after reading some comments from people and receiving other feedback about my birth story I thought it necessary to clarify the statement, "I've loved every minute." In truth I guess I haven't loved every minute. So let's elaborate on that!

I remember when we were engaged, we went to our minister for marriage preparation and received many analogies when it came to love and marriage. One thing that resonated with me, and had done before and will continue to in the future, is the truth that love is not merely words but actions. Isn't it ever.

We love to natter about the 5 love languages here. 
His is physical touch, mine is acts of service.
Miss Daisy we haven't quite figured out, although it seems quality time is high up on her list! ;)
What's yours? Take a look here.  

If love is actions what does it look like? 
It might be a gentle back rub at the end of a hard day. Maybe it's doing the dishes or putting away clothes. For some it might be sitting together on the couch or by the fire. For others it's the words, "You're special, I love the way you ..." Perhaps it's the effort put into a thoughtful gift. We all feel loved through different means and we all share our love with others in varied ways also. 

I love the Bible verse on LOVE from 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Corinthians Pictures

Verse 7 says, "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."  And finally verse 8 says, "Love never fails..."

I guess that's where my statement about 'loving every minute' of parenting for the last year connects with what I believe in the Bible. 
This is the only thing that saves me as a wife and mummy!  

Although there are times when I have cried when she won't sleep, grown impatient when she won't eat, become certainly less than joyful when I've become tired and don't want to read one more book or change one more nappy... 
I try to take myself back to the fact that the perfect model of love, God's love, 'bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things... His love never fails."

So I guess what I am getting at is that yes, I do look back at the last year and love all that we have shared as a family of 3! 
However, I am realistic in saying that like you, and you and you, I have struggled to be joyful at times with the repetitive nature of motherhood. 


I had a poster of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 just like this one above hanging in my classroom. PS. I love the simplicity of this version! :) Read it again!


It was one of those passages where I loved to encourage my kids to replace 'Love' or 'it' with their own name and see how they would fare for the last 24 hours or even the last hour! 
I need to recite this to myself over and over through the day and ask myself the same question. I'd come out red faced most of the time!




Isn't it wonderful that God's mercies are new every morning. 
I need that!
http://learning2hear.wordpress.com/about/
More than anything I want to be a good mummy, the VERY BEST mummy, for my little girl.

my signature