Monday, May 16, 2011

{Life at 2}

My lovely little niece Miss {Sweet} Pea turned 2 this past week.

Having been sick I hadn't got onto sewing her birthday present, when I stumbled across these ideas at Make It and Love It for using 'scrap' fabrics! And got inspired!

Miss P is the best little "Mummy" I've seen! 

She's been changing her dolly's nappies (quite expertly!) as long as I can remember! So I thought with a new brother or sister on the way later this year, what better gift than her own Nappy Bag complete with little nappies, wipes and a change mat!

I found this great idea here and just drew up my own little 'pattern' to cut out the nappies. I cut all of the items for this project freehand (the bag, the lining, the wipes, the mat and the nappies!) - hopefully at 2 years old Miss P isn't looking too closely!



A quick and fun project for a sweet little girl!


I really want to get a photo of her changing a dolly - she even lifts the feet with one hand! I think she'll be a great help when that little baby arrives!


Happy Birthday!


my signature