Friday, May 20, 2011

Get Organised!

One thing I have learned in the last 10 months (yes, Miss Daisy is 10 months old!) is that being a mummy requires organisation. 
{See my post on this from back in January!}

The jobs we undertake each day are many and varied, cooking meals, cleaning the house, packing and unpacking nappy bags, making lunches, doing laundry, grocery shopping, ironing (not much of that here!) and the list goes on and on!


Planning ahead has always been something I love to do. I love to know what is coming before I do it! Is that controlling?!
(An example of this was me wanting a 10 minute briefing before doing a {VERY} small water crossing in our new 4WD!) 

When I was pregnant I had a lovely little chart which detailed all the things I should be eating each day and how much! And I stuck to it quite well! 
(Perhaps I should have a chart like that now! Anyone else!?) 

Another thing that I have found very useful (and quite popular in the land of mummy blogs) is meal planning and scheduled daily chores. In January, I shared what I use for my weekly organisation... I have 3 printables which make my week so much more organised.

:Here they are again:

Weekly Planner

Hubby and I both use our iPhones to schedule in all the dates we must remember, however, I find that having a paper copy of our week at a glance on the fridge helps us to plan ahead and know what's coming up in the week (even before those reminders start beeping).

You can download my Weekly Planner by clicking here.


Meal Planner

We also like to plan our weekly meals. This helps with keeping to a budget on grocery day as well as making sure we're including a variety of foods in our weekly diet. For varied reasons {financial, health, environmental} we aim to have at least 2 vegetarian meals each week.

You can download my Meal Planner by clicking here


Weekly Chore Planner

Another great printable {which I don't use often enough} is a weekly chore planner. 
When we first moved into our home 5 years ago we realised a house with  2 yards was more work than a unit! We created a little job chart that was titled, "Weekly Jobs to make Weekends Better". The idea was that we would get all our jobs out of the way during the week and have the weekend to enjoy! 
Sometimes it works out that way and that's nice. I developed this printable to divide chores up throughout the week.

You can download my Weekly Chore Planner by clicking here

Let me know what you do at home to keep things organised. Please feel free to download and use these at your place! :)
Happy Organising!

my signature