Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tutorial: How to add a Pinterest Highlights gallery to your footer or sidebar

Here's another bloggy tutorial for you bloggers out there!

After making my social media icons I decided to make good use of the image maps website and create a few more clickable goodies around my blog!

I've long wanted to feature some of my most loved Pinterest boards and pins. So here is how I've made a feature gallery of 8 of my favourite boards in my blog footer!

How to add a Pinterest Highlights gallery Just For Daisy

For extra detail take a look at the tutorial post I did on how I created my social media icons and use the same instructions to make yourself an amazing Pinterest Gallery for your footer or sidebar.

First of all you need to create an image. Use your favourite photo editing software, a free online collage program like PicMonkey or Ribbet or if you're like me and a little lazy and impatient with your failing web browser plugins, use Microsoft Word!

Here is one of my images.
How to add a Pinterest Highlights gallery Just For Daisy

While you're in Word you could create yourself a title image like mine... I love the dotted border!

Now that you've created your image, open up image maps and upload your image. Continue editing and add your rectangle links as explained on the social media icons post.
Once you've added your links to each part of your image, you can 'get html code' and copy it.
How to add a Pinterest Highlights gallery Just For Daisy

Then in your blogger dashboard, head to the 'layout' section and add an html widget in your footer (or sidebar if you'd prefer!) and enjoy having more clickable options to take your readers to your favourite places on Pinterest!

How to add a Pinterest Highlights gallery Just For Daisy