Sunday, June 2, 2013

How to add clickable social media buttons to your blog : A Tutorial

Just For Daisy: A simple tutorial to get social media buttons on your blog TODAY! Don't put this off, get it done today and see your followers increase!

If you've already followed along with my other useful blog tutorials you'll now have:

- Some clickable images in your sidebar directing people to fabulous places around your blog!
- Clickable tabs leading your readers to your neatly organised pages
- A good understanding of how these pages can benefit your blog and increase traffic!
- An easy to recognise blog grab button that your readers can use on their own websites/blogs

Wow! Your blog is looking great! (Need extra tips, leave me a comment I'd love to help you out!)

Now, I'd love to show you a fabulous new addition to your blog. You're going to make it really easy for your readers to follow you in all of your favourite places and increase your number of followers on your social media while you're at it!

Here is how to add clickable social media icons to your blog sidebar in blogger.

First of all this tutorial assumes you have chosen to download some free icons from the internet or you've previously created your own social media icons to suit your theme. There are lots of great tutorials to make your own icons - I wanted to do that but had browser problems so I downloaded some free icons and did it on my own instead!
I downloaded mine from here and also found this great collection of freebies here if you need to grab some.

Because the download came as individual icons I grouped them in a Word document and took a screen shot to create my desired image.
Now you go to a really nifty site called image maps that does all the hard work for you! (I put this job off many times before because I didn't want to have to do the mapping myself - so this is a BIG shortcut!)


























There you go! How good does it feel to have your own social media icons nestled up there at the top of your sidebar! I'd love to see them so please leave a comment with a link to your blog! And why not follow me by clicking on mine - I'm addicted to Pinterest, aren't you?!

If you have any problems or questions please ask, I'm more than happy to help.

You'd better scroll back up to the top and make sure you've utilised my other simple tutorials to improve your blog and create an engaging, efficient and easy to navigate blog!

Happy Blogging!