Thursday, June 2, 2011

{Where's my motivation? Oh, there it is!}

So it's been a while since I blogged regularly... and a while since I sewed regularly! And taking photos seems like a thing of the past... perhaps I begin too many projects all at once!

Here is some of what I've been up to in the past month! Perhaps it's more than I think!


______________


one.
Earlier this month I took photos of my beautiful sister in law Hannah and my niece, Miss P. They have taken a monthly shot of Miss P painting her belly. What a wonderful way of bonding with her baby brother or sister and a beautiful memory.



You should visit Paint On The Ceiling and browse through the other wonderful things they get up to! 


two.
I've started a few little sewing projects of late, some bags, headbands, toys and drawing some patterns for some cute little {1st birthday} treats (yes, it's less than 2 months away!)


three.
Miss Daisy-girl has become more and more mobile! I'm loving the added adventures and interactions we can have but it is also far more time consuming! I have to be so watchful of her climbing up on things, walking over and stealing things from 'up high' or stealing tissues, wipes and anything else that comes out of a box and is generally wasteful!




Here she is with her walker from Nanna... she's so good at walking with it now! I'm sure it won't be too long 'til she's walking on her own! 
Notice the one handed driving and wave... she likes to wave to her fans as she walks... in this case it was the puppies... she also liked waving at our neighbour as she traversed the front garden... he was happy to oblige her with lots of encouragement and praise as usual!


four.
I guess generally it hasn't been motivation I need, just time. With up to 4 students a week for private tuition, meals to plan/cook, cleaning to do, errands to run, playdates to attend! It's no doubt the 'sometimes' things like blogging, sewing and baking seem to take a backseat sometimes... imagine when Miss Daisy is down to one sleep! Or has a sibling or 2!


To see more amazing cartoons visit:
http://lenatheartdiva.blogspot.com/2009/05/octo-mom.html
All in all I guess since I haven't been taking photos I don't have a huge amount to document the month! But I have loved every minute and enjoyed spending my time on family type things rather than self type things! 

my signature