Monday, April 25, 2011

Anzac Biscuits

One of my favourite recipes to make is Anzac Biscuits - they're good any time of year and are super easy to make (and you don't need eggs!)

I wrote out a lot of recipes from my Mum's recipe books when I left home and this was one of them! I have made them many times since, including this weekend for a family gathering! Very enjoyable!




I loved Anzac Day as a teacher, being able to share with the children the amazing efforts that Australians and New Zealanders had gone to - losing so much. I would always do an art or craft activity themed around Anzac Day.

Here are some from 2010. {Click to enlarge}






Here is my simple recipe for Anzac Biscuits!




For a yummy dessert idea... 


Make Anzac Biscuit batter as per recipe {use half the bicarb to prevent rising}. 
Instead of placing on baking tray, push into muffin tins and bake.


To serve:
Fill with ice-cream and top with golden syrup! Delicious!



We will remember them. Lest we forget.


my signature