Friday, March 18, 2011

When I'm a Mommy



"When I grow up I want 
to be a mummy - a very 
good mummy - the VERY 
BEST mummy!"


One of the things I loved about teaching was discussing "When I grow up..." 
We all know children say the most wonderful things in their childish innocence and deciding on what they want to do for the rest of their life at the age of 5 can definitely be included in a list of 'cute things children say.'









I also loved doing "When I grow up..." with my older Year 4 & Year 5 kids. They had an uncanny ability to reason with me about what they would do when they
grew up - and a lot of the time I truly believed them!





I know that beautiful Laura will make a fabulous teacher and a magnificent writer. I have no doubt that Liam will be great with cars and machines - he was in Year Four! I believe that Mikaela will make a great designer. James would be a great teacher. Reuben a pro-surfer, on the side! Tom, the new 'Jesus Ute' driver!
Perhaps they will go on to do what they ever so confidently stated in Year Four and Five. Perhaps not. 



Me? - Well, I've always wanted to be a Mummy... 

My top "When I grow up..." occupations list included teacher, veterinarian & mummy
So far I've done two! ;)



I loved playing Mummy when I was younger, I remember my doll named Sophie, she had a beautiful yellow and blue jumpsuit and a very sweet little face.
(I'm sure I used to breastfeed her!) Little girls love to copy their mummy's and I
hope that when my little Daisy-girl copies me she is copying me at my best!



I also loved to play teacher :) I don't remember ever playing the
student - with two younger sister's I could usually manage to remain in charge!





Now that I'm a Mummy I feel a tremendous sense of responsibility to
raise my daughter well. To make sure that when she grows up she knows what
is important to make HER the best wife and mummy too!

And so...




...I love my own mum and dad for teaching me that the most important thing in
my life is my relationship with Jesus - I love this beautiful book {see my pics!} which they would read with me, and love that I can now read this with my beautiful Daisy-girl!







I love the adorable illustrations and I love the Bible passage it is based on from Proverbs 31.


I love that it's simple truths speak to me as much now as they did when I was a little girl!


I love that the book makes me want to be a better Mummy. 


And I'm thankful that "God will help me be the very best Mummy {right now}, because I will {try to} do what he says."




I've always loved that the end of Proverbs 31 talks about how much this beautiful mother's husband and children love her and feel blessed that she looks after them so well.


I want to be certain that my family love
all that I do for them and call me blessed.

That they think "I'm the best mummy of all!"


I am determined to strive always to bless my family in all that I do.
To put my family first.



Most of all though I love that there is no need for anyone to praise my efforts or tell me I'm the best mummy - because the things I do for my family should be testimony of this.




"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is vain: but a
woman that fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the fruit of her hands; and let her
own works praise her in the gates."



Proverbs 31:30-31


my signature