Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Real Life Wednesday


I have written and deleted my post for this photo several times. It seems such a simple photo invokes a lot of mixed feelings on Real Life for me!

I could complain about toddler toilet trips that are always during little sister feed times or big sister naptimes...
Or I could be grateful for a child who has taken herself happily to the toilet since she was one year old!

I could complain about the blue plastic tub in the shower that is the bath for now.
Or I could be grateful for clean running water.

I could complain about the blue walls and tiles.
Or I could be grateful for a fabulous house that has all the things necessary to meet my needs.

I could complain about three bath mats in current use and the washing that will eventually ensue.
Or I could be thankful that I own three bath mats and can cycle them so they dry in rotation in our freezing cold bathroom!

There are many other things I could point out that have two ways to look at it! And I guess that's Real Life isn't it, looking at things in a positive light. Not getting stuck on negatives but seeing the amazing abundance of blessings we actually have.

Oh and note the gumboots... just not Peppa Pig this time!
Linking up with Kate at Picklebums!

Real Life Wednesdays