Monday, April 16, 2012

Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe

We've been having a lot of soups lately.

Hubby went to the beautiful Easter Markets held locally on Easter Saturday (I was sick and ended up in hospital overnight so no markets for me) and brought me home 3 gifts. One was a woven anklet, the second was a hemp hat and the third was the biggest most beautiful pumpkin I've seen!

We made the most delicious pumpkin soup - twice! And I've got a little leftover pumpkin to make a few batches of pumpkin scones. We froze a batch of soup and I intend to freeze some of the yummy scones. We've been making good use of the freezer lately. 

It's stocked full of meat, chicken and fish which will last us the next few months as we alternate between vegetarian and meat dishes. I've also baked some muffins and frozen them too! And a couple of pasta dishes. It's an easy way to have lunches, dinners or snacks on hand! And certainly a handy habit to keep up once baby comes along!

Today we made a yummy Creamy Broccoli Soup from here.

It turned out beautifully!

We enjoyed some for lunch and now have 2 serves left over which we're going to use as a mash base for a lamb dish tomorrow. Yum!
Creamy Broccoli Soup - Just For Daisy

My favourite part of this dish was the blanched brocolli added in after the soup was pureed! Delish!

What's your favourite soup!? Got a good recipe to share?