Monday, March 5, 2012

Handmade Bean Bag Toss Game

I've packed up most of my fabrics safe and snug in tubs ready to head to our new home. (We move in 13 days!)

Whilst I was packing I found some fabrics I'd set aside to make an I Spy lap quilt that hadn't eventuated yet! I couldn't resist using them for something (knowing the lap quilt was still a way off) so I decided to make a little bean bag game for Miss Daisy.

These were really simple to make and you could probably hand sew them if you didn't have a machine.

Here's what I did:

1. Cut out your desired amount of squares and iron flat. (I did 13 because that was the amount of fabrics I had in the I Spy pile!) :)

2. Fold in half to create a triangle with right sides facing each other. Sew around with a 1/4 inch seam leaving approximately a 1 inch opening.

3. Turn inside out and tuck in any excess fabric from opening. Iron flat.
4. Using a funnel fill the pouch 3/4 full of rice (we used up some we had from our Rice Play)

5. Sew your opening closed. I would usually hand stitch to create a neat and 'invisible' finish but wanted this to be strong (and quick to finish) so I top stitched with my machine.

6. Voila. You have yourself a set of bright fun filled bean bags.

7. The ideas for these are endless. Enjoy!

post signature