Well, what better than to make your own! It's simple and very tasty! I'm trying to decide if I was actually fooled into believing it was 'good for me'!?
Here is how it's done...
Apricot Delight - My Way
1 packet of sweet biscuits (I used Milk Arrowroot & will probably only use 3/4 of pack next time)
600g dried apricots
2 cups coconut
1 can condensed milk
castor sugar for dusting
1. Place biscuits in kitchen whizz for around 30 seconds
2. Add apricots and whizz until finely chopped and mix is combined
3. Place 1 cup of coconut in a large bowl then add apricot mixture on top, then add final cup of coconut and stir well to combine.
4. Add the condensed milk and stir stir stir!
5. Mix into a thick dough and you can now either roll into balls or as I did push it into a lightly greased slice pan
6. Allow to set in the fridge for an hour or so then take it out and invert onto a chopping board.
7. Slice vertically and horizontally to create squares in a size of your choice (Think sweet! They only need to be small!)
8. Dust in a bowl of castor sugar!
9. Enjoy! These will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for a few weeks...if they last that long!
Because this was Christmas cooking this made quite a large batch, if you want a smaller batch simply halve the recipe! But these would be great as yummy gifts for teachers ;) or friends! :)