Monday, August 26, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Muesli Bars

I go through food fads... and I get really stuck with the same thing over and over, particularly with breakfast. In the Summer months I tend to lean towards muesli and yogurt with sliced banana and through Winter it's been Porridge with berries and vanilla bean yogurt! Yum!

A glance in my pantry a few weeks back left me wondering what I should do with the giant tub of muesli I knew I wouldn't go near for awhile since I'm in a porridge rut!! :)

Soooo I figured I'd make some yummy muesli bars... I tried googling recipes but they all were from scratch, nothing using leftover muesli. So after looking through lots of recipes, here's what I came up with - let me tell you - they were quite amazing!


What you'll need::

3 cups muesli (I used a fruit blend)
1/4 cup linseeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey

What to do::

Preheat oven to 160'C (mine's fan forced) so maybe 180'C if conventional.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (yep - one bowl only!)
Line a slice pan with baking paper and spoon your mix in and spread evenly.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. 
Bring it out... eat some hot out of the oven... the slice and store in an airtight container! Yum!!

Do you get in breakfast ruts?