Thursday, August 22, 2013

Recipe: Best Brownie Recipe Ever

Don't you love country towns that display signs that claim to be the 'world's greatest' pies or cakes or potatoes!
Well I hate to say it but these are the world's best brownies! Well, in my world anyway!
Best Ever Brownies : Just For Daisy

I don't often make brownies because I try not to keep chocolate in the house and all the brownie recipes I find call for chocolate or even more specifically dark chocolate!

Yesterday the day was beginning to feel particularly long! You know the ones where you'd give anything to hide in the cupboard with a block of chocolate to gnaw on! No chocolate so I had to improvise. 

Here's what I came up with! And I made this recipe again today - just for quality assurance! (The great thing about making your own recipes up is that I know it off by heart already - dangerous right?!)

You'll need:

2 eggs
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g butter, melted
4 Tbs cocoa powder (I use Cadbury!)
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
Asstd choc chips 1/4 cup (optional. Today I added white and dark, yesterday none. I'd have gladly eaten both batches!)

That's it!

What to do:

1. Melt your butter. 
2. Mix eggs and sugar until well combined. Add butter and vanilla and stir well. 
3. Add cocoa powder. Mix. Mix. Mix. 
4. Add flour and baking powder. Mix. 
5. Add choc chips if you're using them. You could add chopped nuts here too - go crazy! Mix. 
6. Bake in a lined slice tray for 18 minutes in a preheated 180'C oven (mines fan forced - maybe a tad longer if conventional) err on the side of undercooked here though. :)
7. Eat some hot out of pan. Enjoy!!

Anyway, as I said - world's best! And very little washing up! I had them mixed up, in the oven and benches tidy within 5-10 minutes! Win! Tell your friends! ;)

Best Ever Brownies : Just For Daisy