Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Snow Day


We found snow! Last Friday I woke up to see one of hubby's students had put a picture of her snowy backyard on Instagram!!! I hurriedly nursed the baby anticipating the moment where I would open the curtains to see a Winter Wonderland in our yard. But it was not to be. It had rained all night (ask me how I know!) and though higher in altitude and only 20 minutes away. No snow. 

Luckily for us we have a 4x4 and had a dentist appointment in town. And with chilly temps there was still plenty of snow to explore! It was strange seeing familiar roads and paddocks completely transformed into snowy white. 

The girls excitement waned at times. Hehe! Do you ever have to remind yourself that sometimes kids don't understand how exciting or rare something is. They are really just in the here and now. I think above the here and now was 'my hands are cold and I want to run over there!'


We all quickly forgot about our cold hands again once the snowballs started flying!



It was nice seeing other people enjoying the same things we were. Not the usual for any of us as snow here is a once or twice a year thing. But a shared excitement and calm was in the air. Cars drove slower, more smiles, more waves, more chit chat. Why can't that be the norm?


And to the wonderful lady who ventured across the icy stream of water (and mud) to take the photo of my 3 beautiful kiddies and I at the top of this post. You are wonderful. I love it. I'm so glad to be in it. Thank you.