Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Healthy(ish) Apple Crumble Pies




Here's some yummy rustic cooking if I ever saw it! We made our shortcrust pastry and wanted something yummy to use the off cuts for. Well, yummy it was, I ended up having one for afternoon tea that day with ice cream and it took ALL of my self control not to eat more!

Ingredients
Topping
4-6 dates
1 handful of raw almonds
1 handful of desiccated coconut

2 apples
shortcrust pastry offcuts (or make a batch for one big apple pie!)

Method
1. Blitz all 3 topping ingredients to make the yummy crumble
2. Place pie pastry circles in pie dishes or muffin trays
3. Add thinly sliced apple pieces to each dish
4. Cover with the crumble mix
5. Cover with foil and bake in 180'C oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes

Enjoy these yummy yummy treats! I served mine with icecream! (Perhaps I should take healthy out of the title!)
Use any leftover crumble mix on yogurt, oats or just spoon it out on it's own! :) Yummy!