Saturday, October 18, 2014

Recipe:: Banana Oat Slice


My mother in law made a yummy slice when we visited this week. She makes so many yummy slices and anything with dates is always a winner with me!

Today I decided to make it myself with a few substitute ingredients to allow hubby to enjoy it too!

It's a super easy, quick one bowl slice that is quite forgiving when it comes to measuring ingredients so it's a great one for little helpers!

I substituted coconut oil for the required butter and almonds with walnuts as it's what we had on hand! Here's my modified version of this yummy recipe for you to enjoy!

Ingredients::
2 ripe bananas, chopped
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 Tbs black chia seeds
1Tbs flaxseed
1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
1Tbs honey
100g coconut oil, melted
1 egg

Method::
Mix all ingredients until well combined. 
Let the banana get all smooshy as you do it!

Spread into a lined slice pan and bake at 200'C for 15 minutes.