Happy Whimsical Hearts. I have read her blog for around 5 years now and I still can't get enough of following along with their lives... and one of the beautiful traditions they follow is the baking of bread.
Last week I couldn't resist the urge to bake bread with my girls. They both love ANY cooking, add in the job of kneading and they're even more pleased.. and of course, bread is something yummy that we all love to eat!
We adapted this recipe and made our bread something like this...
2 Tbs dried yeast
3 cups warm water
1 Tbs honey
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
3 tsp salt
6 cups plain flour
2 cups quick oats
---Preheat oven to 90'C---
1. Mix yeast, water and 1 Tbs honey together until frothy.
2. Add oil, salt, honey and combine well
3. Add the oats, followed by the flour until the liquid is absorbed and it forms a dough
4. Dust bench with flour and knead dough. I separate so the girls have 1/4 each and I have 1/2 the dough. It's a little sticky as you separate it so keep dusting with flour as you need to.
5. I shaped mine into rolls. The girls made fairies!
6. Place on a lined tray and pop in oven for 15 minutes to rise.
7. Turn up to 150'C and bake for 15-20 minutes until done!
Bread is really forgiving... you can't really screw it up too badly because once you slather on some butter, syrup, honey and other spreads.. it's amazing!!
We got all the spreads out on the table and the girls enjoyed trying all of them on their hot bread rolls, I mean, fairies!
Here's some other yummy bread that we've made in the past...
No knead bread
One hour bread
More one hour bread
Fastest pizza dough
4 ingredient scrolls